GI Open Forum - Brisbane
The GI Open Forums bring industry professionals together to discuss FOS decisions and share insights.
We are currently in the process of making changes to streamline our dispute processes. This year, the forums will also be a platform for members to have a discussion about the changes and prepare themselves for the 1 July 2015 implementation date.
During the forum registration process, members have the opportunity to submit determinations for discussion along with topics requiring clarification or closer examination.
Along with the determinations submitted, also discussed at the forums will be:
- FOS Process Redesign – the streamlining of our dispute resolution process
- Fast Track – fast tracking decisions for simpler low value disputes
- Financial Difficulty – ensuring more timely outcomes for those in financial difficulty
- Terms of Reference – our amended terms of reference and operational guidelines.
Based on the input of our industry stakeholders, FOS decision makers prepare an agenda and papers for discussion at each forum. These are circulated to participants for pre-reading and are then discussed at the event.
Who should attend?
FOS members involved in general insurance and insurance related products and those dealing with internal or external dispute resolution in this area. For example, members involved in:
- domestic insurance (building, home contents, motor vehicle, travel)
- extended warranty insurance
- professional indemnity insurance
- farm insurance
- small business insurance
Register online here.